aars forum Forum Index

aars forum
Echanger, questionner, proposer, discuter au sujet de vos photos d'arts rupestres, c'est le but de ce Forum.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chiguéou II Site revisited

Post new topic   Reply to topic    aars forum Forum Index -> aars forum -> robes de bovin
Previous topic :: Next topic  
AlessandroMN

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan - 15:01 (2016)    Post subject: Chiguéou II Site revisited Reply with quote

On the following link you will find a draft paper about the Chiguéou II Site (Ennedi, Chad) where Gérard Bailloud discovered in 1957 two cattle figures featured by coats decorated with intricate geometric motifs:

The Chiguéou II rock art site revisited (Ennedi, Chad)

All the Best

Alessandro

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan - 15:01 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
tadrart

PostPosted: Sat 1 Apr - 12:32 (2017)    Post subject: a colleague in Italy Reply with quote

Very Happy Hello Alessandro,

I live in Italy and would be delighted to correspond with you about prehistoric Saharan rock art.

Currently I'm doing independent research on the Pastoral period  of Tadrart Acacus. This zone of the Sahara really fascinates me. I'm endeavouring to learn what ancient Berber myths and legends can reveal about life in prehistoric times. True, most of the surviving Berber legends relate to more recent eras; yet I am sure that some of these old myths and fables do indeed preserve precious memories of that long-ago era, before the Sahara became completely arid...There are some amazing prehistoric petroglyphs in Libya which the ancient fables seem to evoke.

I've tried to download your essays from this Forum site but unfortunately don't have a Google account to do this. Could you please send them to me in another format?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best wishes,

"Tadrart"

Ursula

PostPosted: Sat 29 Aug - 10:53 (2020)    Post subject: Chiguéou II Site revisited Reply with quote

Thank you for the link.

Off topic I know - but besides the elephant mentioned by Bailloud, there is also a group of Elephants in Chigueou II  (location E on your map)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/72664388@N00/25607957397/in/album-72157693042…

All the best
Ursula

Visit poster’s website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    aars forum Forum Index -> aars forum -> robes de bovin All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation